Co-Chair: Roy Aranda, PsyD
Co- Chair: Evelyn Rappoport, PsyD
The NYSPA Disaster Resource Network, which is affiliated with the APA Disaster Response Network, was formed to assist: A) victims and their families, B) front-line intervention agencies (rescue, police, fire, etc.), and C) other secondary victims, as well as the general public, who may be involved in natural, accidental or man-made (war) crises and disasters.
Disaster Resource Network Listserv
The Disaster Resource Network of NYSPA is pleased to announce an open
dialogue and forum for all NYSPA members to connect and provide support
to each other while working in these difficult times. As therapists, we
often feel isolated and alone, and even more so now as we are restricted
in movement and contact. We invite all of our members to write and
share thoughts, reflections and experiences during this surreal and
extraordinary time in the world. We look forward to an interactive, open
dialogue in the days ahead.
Click here to join the DRN listserv.
NYSPA's DISASTER RESOURCE NETWORK GOALS
- Establish an on-line database of NYSPA DRN members that identifies their expertise, interests, experience, and geographic location.
- Provide DRN training opportunities for our members via workshops, online courses, and links to relevant trauma, PTSD, and other conferences and courses.
- Develop a NYSPA State-wide team of DRN leaders in each NY region.
- Foster viable partnerships with the American Psychological Association's DRN and with the Red Cross.
- Develop a web-based resource center with articles and publications by our members and others that will be helpful to members and to the public.
- Engage our members in sharing their expertise and experiences with each other via teleconference calls and other venues, such as member webcasts and informal gatherings.
- Provide DRN-related psychological workshops in corporations, schools, and community groups, and partner with NYSPA divisions and regions in giving these programs.
- Partner with other NYSPA committees, such as the Social Media Committee, to disseminate helpful, psychologically relevant information to the public.
- Weave into our programs and mission themes of psychological heartiness and understanding related to living with anxiety, loss, uncertainty, and the importance of relational and communal attachments in this new age of differential patterns of terrorism.
Click here to complete an application to join the Disaster Resource Network (DRN)
drn training modules
Please note that all DRN Training Modules are for NYSPA members only. Click here to become a NYSPA member.
To view and register for upcoming training modules, click here.
Below are recordings to previous DRN Training Modules.
The Nuts and Bolts of Being a DRN Provider
DRN Training Module 1
DRN Training Module 2
DRN Training Module 3
DRN Training Module 4
DRN Training Module 5
DRN Training Module 6