NYSPA's Annual Poster Session
Details are not yet available for 2015. We will post details as soon as they are available.
The Poster Session is held each year during NYSPA's Annual Convention, and enables participants to present their recent research and writing to an interested professional audience. Participants are required to register and be available during a specified period to discuss their ideas with convention attendees. Specific times will be posted as they become available. All psychologists are welcome to participate. Professors of psychology, psychology students, and early careerists, may be particularly interested.
The criteria for participation includes:
- Content may include all areas of psychology
- NYSPA membership is not required
- Student posters sponsored by faculty members are welcome
Posters that are solely-authored by students are eligible for the Independent Practice Division's Grace Lauro Award and a monetary award of $100. Up to three awards may be given. The criteria for the Grace Lauro Award include:
- Creative approach to the problem
- Familiarity with the relevant literature
- Thoughtful and mature presentation
- Relevant statistics, if appropriate, and
- Satisfying and contemporary discussion
To apply for the poster session, send an e-mail to NYSPA@nyspa.org with the following information:
- Title of poster;
- A 500 word abstract, including statistics, with text sufficient for a detailed review (up to two pages) if appropriate;
- Author's name(s), contact phone number and a contact e-mail address.
Presentation Date and Times:
To be announced
If you have questions about the Poster Session, please contact Central office at (518) 437-1040 or NYSPA@nyspa.org.