Second Annual Death & Dying Conference
Celebrating Life: Coping with Death &
Dying and Living a Full Life
May 4, 2019
9am - 4 pm
· St. John’s University
· New York State Psychological Association
· NYSPA’s Adult Development & Aging Division
NYSPA's Division of Culture, Race & Ethnicity
· NYSPA’s Independent Practice Division
· NYSPA’s Psychoanalysis Division
· Brooklyn Psychological Association
· Queens Psychological Association
· Manhattan Psychological Association
· National Association of Puerto Rican and Hispanic Social Workers
St. John’s University
101 Astor Place
New York, NY 10003
Nearby Subway Stations:
Astor Place: 6 Train
8 St NYU: N, R Train
14 St-Union Square: L ,N,Q,R,4,5,6 Train
Pay Parking Less than 1 Block Away:
Alliance Parking Services, at the corner of E 9th St and 3RD Ave.
Breakfast, lunch, wine, cheese and crudities are included
More extensive descriptions and speaker bios will be provided shortly
1) Sheldon Solomon
Gratitude and Humility as Existential Anxiety Buffers
An overview of recent research demonstrating the psychosocial benefits of gratitude and humility
Dr. Solomon is well-published in this area and a very dynamic and interesting speaker:
2) Robin Lynch, Ph.D.
3) Dr. Evelyn Rappaport
4) Amy Schaffer, Ph.D.
5) Ani Kalayjian, EdD, DSc, DDL
6) Roy Aranda, Psy.D., J.D.
7) Dinelia Rosa, Ph.D.
8) Stefanie Solow Glennon, Ph.D.
9) Linda Ventura
10) Death Café
Attendees led by one or two moderators will talk about their own personal views, thoughts, and feelings about death.
It is customary to serve some food and beverages. Our Death Cafe is scheduled after the other presentations. We will serve wine, cheese, and crudités in an effort to help create a relaxing environment where attendees can express their views safely and discuss death comfortably and openly.
For complete conference details click here
Roy Aranda, Psy.D., J.D.
· NYSPA Members: $35
· Non-NYSPA Members:$55
· Students with ID: $25
· There are a limited number of scholarships available for students
· Discounts will be available to attendees who join NYSPA
· CE fees are separate and will be processed by SJU