The NYSPA Continuing Education Recognition Program became operational on January 1, 2004.
Continuing Education Recognition Program Application
All material must be complete and meet the listed criteria for acceptance into the program.
NYSPA members who attain 36 hours of continuing education credits over a three-year period will be eligible for recognition, if the credits meet these requirements:
- At least 24 of the credits must come from programs sponsored by NYSPA or by its regional affiliates that have APA approval for their own programs.
- 12 of the credits may come from other programs or remote learning opportunities, as long as these are NYSPA or APA approved.
- Credits may be used for only one certificate; a person can be eligible for only one certificate in any three-year period.
Members must send in documentation of attendance for a specific CE program in the year in which it was attended or within two months following the completion of a program if it occurs in November or December of the year for which credit is claimed. The only exception to this requirement will be for people applying for a recognition certificate during the first two years of the program, because they will have to report on credits taken during previous years.
- Applicants for recognition shall submit documentation of CE credits to NYSPA’s Central Office.
- The program is open to any licensed NYSPA member.
- Recognition will be in the form of a Certificate suitable for framing. Certificates will be presented at NYSPA’s annual convention, to those so attending, and by mail, to those not attending. The names of those so recognized also will be noted in the NYSPA Notebook.
It is our hope that this optional program will stimulate NYSPA members to voluntarily participate in continuing education activities and to avail themselves of the wide array of programs offered by NYSPA.
NYSPA members having questions should contact Central Office.