Dear NYSPA Member,
NYSPA Elections are now underway!
All members were sent ballots on Monday, October 3, 2016.
You will be voting for NYSPA President-Elect, NYSPA Secretary, Division Officers as well as Division and Region Council Representatives. Those elected will assume office January 1, 2017.
NYSPA Candidate Webpages:
There is one candidate for 2017 NYSPA President-Elect, Dr. Patricia C. Dowds. You will be able to read her bio and statement by clicking the links at the bottom of this page. You will also see a listing of supporters.
There is one person running for NYSPA Secretary: Dr. Adriana DiMatteo.
Click here to view Division Candidates
IMPORTANT RULES during the campaign season:
These are the official rules ratified by NYSPA council that will govern the 2016 election:
However, we want to highlight the following rules. If you do not follow the rules you might jeopardize the candidacy of the candidate.
- No member of the Nominations and Elections Committee or of the Executive Board may publicly endorse a candidate. They may in private conversations.
- An Executive Board of a Division or Region may endorse a preferred candidate only in the NYSPA election webpages, where it will be listed (as the "Executive Board of...") along with other supporters.
- Individual members of NYSPA may endorse a preferred candidate in personal conversations with colleagues and in the NYSPA election webpages.
- Conference and Event Planners: Division or Region events that include one candidate must also be open to all other candidates for that office.
- No NYSPA member nor candidate may use or cause to be used any form of social media or mass communication (except the website as described above) for endorsements or electioneering.
- No Listserve postings regarding the election.
- No social media [Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.]
- No email nor snail mail mass mailings.
- No electronic mail merge.
If you have any questions, please contact Central Office or the Chair of the Nominations and elections Committee, Leonard Davidman
If you do not follow the rules you might jeopardize the candidacy of the candidate.
We salute all candidates for stepping up to the plate to serve our members.
Leonard Davidman, PhD
Chair, 2016 NYSPA Nominations & Elections Committee
Roy Aranda, NYSPA Pres. - ex officio
2017 NYSPA President-Elect Candidate:
Click here for Election Rules and Guidelines